Saturday, May 15, 2010

What I WANTED To Write In My Email Response

It's amazing how when we did an earlier version of the budget that involved continuing this birdnesting arrangement for, apparently, forever, and my "leftover" monies per month hovered in the $400-600 range, everything was fine. Now I've clarified the situation and said I'm moving out this summer, even though I'll continue to pay my part of the mortgage for a certain time limit, and so you'll be responsible for the utilities on your own. No apartment to pay for, though. And now your leftover monies per month hover in the $400-600 range and suddenly you're all "I don't know if I can agree to this because my leftover monies look dismal :("

Boofuckinghoo. This is the way divorce goes, buddy. I'm so sorry that your lifestyle of eating out all the time and buying whatever game or toy catches your fancy may have to be curtailed a bit. You already have gas and food and whatnot figured into the budget. This means that you still have one hundred dollars or more per week as "play" money.

And there's the problem, isn't it? You won't get to play so much. I was always the one to cut way down on spending in order to afford whatever it was we were saving for. Yeah, I know you saved too. Yeah, I know you've made sacrifices too. But never to the same extent. You didn't take leftovers to work for lunch every day--that or super cheap frozen dinners. No, you ate out every day. Perhaps just fast food sometimes, but still. Every day. You always had money for that computer part or game system or video/computer game. You somehow had money to buy the big flatscreen tv you wanted.

So maybe now you'll have to think a little more before you spend.

Welcome to the real world. Nice of you to show up.

If you think that this is in any way going to change what has to happen, you're wrong. I've been holding my breath, waiting to see if anything would get in the way of the divorce going through this next Thursday. If this is what's going to prevent it...

Holy crap.

You are a fucking idiot.

Because there's a limit to my patience, and you're just about there. You kick up a fuss about this, and I'll be walking away. Walking away from the house, walking away from the mortgage, walking away from my willingness to bend over fucking BACKWARD to keep things so amicable. I'll do it nicely, because I don't want to make things more difficult for the kids than they have to be, but I'll do it.

So grow up. This time it's ME telling YOU to suck it up. And oddly enough, I have a good reason.

Fuck you, asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics